International Estate Planning and Probate Law
We are specialists in inheritances with international aspects (international inheritance law) and are one of the leading law firms in this field. There may, for instance, be an international connection if the testator was not German, if the testator or transferee had a (tax) domicile in Germany or if the estate is located partially or completely abroad.
Our specialization fields
Our lawyers are specialists in the following fields of law / jurisdictions:
Wir beraten Privatleute, Stiftungen, Unternehmen und öffentliche Stellen. Für Gerichte erstellen wir Gutachten zum ausländischen Recht. Unsere Mandanten sind oft Deutsche mit Auslandsvermögen, aber auch Deutsche, die im Ausland leben (Expats) oder Ausländer, die sich in Deutschland niedergelassen haben, investieren oder erben.
Do you have any questions? We would be pleased to assist you. To make getting in touch with us as simple and efficient as possible for both parties, we ask you to primarily use our contact form for your questions. Please describe the matter as clearly as possible. You can also add attachments. After sending your inquiry, the attorney responsible will contact you either by telephone or by e-mail within 24 hours and, where necessary, pose further questions or submit a proposal for consultation.
Of course, you can also call us directly to make an appointment for a personal consultation or telephone consultation (find contact details here). All potential clients will be informed in advance of any costs that may be incurred during the initial consultation
- Gifts from Abroad to U.S. Persons
- Probate and Estate Planning in California: Issues Associated with Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia
- Intestate Succession in Germany
- Intestate Succession and California
- The Impact of Community Property on Inheritance Matters
- Mixed Marriages: U.S. Tax Implications for U.S. Citizens Married to German “Aliens”
- Mental Incapacity and Will Contests in Germany
- Living will, Durable power of attorney and appointment of custodian in Germany
- Wills in Germany
- Preliminary and Subsequent Heirs under German Law
- Forced Share under German Law
- Taxation of the Estate of Non-resident US-citizen in Germany